If you can’t travel to a particular archive you can often order copies of documents for private study or educational use.
- Cornwall Record Office provides a research service and document copy service (charges apply). http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=14710
- University of Exeter in Cornwall and University College Falmouth Joint Special Collections Service provide a remote enquiry service and document copies (charges apply). http://library.falmouth.ac.uk/135/archives-special-collections/how-to-access-archives-and-special-collections/category.asp
- The National Archives has an online shop where you can download certain documents on demand (charges apply). http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documentsonline
- The Old Bailey Online has the full proceedings of London’s Central Criminal Court from 1674-1913 online. Access is free although there are copyright restrictions. http://www.oldbaileyonline.org
- BBC Archive. You can watch but not download this vast archive footage. http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive